Soccer Updated:

The latest English Premier League videos, news and views.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Aston Villa I Love U



Its almost Valentines Day I am going to profess my love to the club
I have supported since my teenage years. Aston Villa has always been the underdog and have very little support. In my close circle of friends, there is no Villa fan at all. It is quite lonely and feels especially bad when the club is not performing on the pitch. The club went through a very rough patch between the late 90s till early 21st century. Doug Ellis (chairman) had too much say in the management of the team and gave very little money for new players. Managers like John Gregory, David O'leary, Graham Taylor and Brian Little tried but could do little to take the club further. It is heartening that they had kept Villa in the premiership all this time despite running the club on a shoe string budget and having to work with Doug Ellis. Things improved when Randy Lerner and Martin O'neill took over. Good and hardworking players were roped in to complement a groip of promising youngsters in the team. After 3 seasons of rebuilding, Villa is now an underdog for the title. I am proud of Villa and will be a fan forever..