Soccer Updated:

The latest English Premier League videos, news and views.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Video: Portsmouth Star Glen Johnson Set To Be Sold

4 clubs have made bids for Portsmouth's England right-back, Glen Johnson.

Portsmouth executive chairman Peter Storrie has confirmed the rumor. Johnson will be have to choose from Chelsea, Liverpool Manchester City or Aston Villa. The 24 year old is valued between £15m and £18m.

Storrie told Sky Sports, "I've know Glen a long while, from my West Ham days. When I re-signed him (at Portsmouth) we talked things over.

"He said, 'If one of the big four come in with Champions League football, would you stand in my way?'

"I told him I couldn't do that. Providing the deal is right for Portsmouth and Glen then we will look to try and do something in the right way.

"It is very hard to try and hold people back when they have a chance to play in the Champions League. I accept that."

Will Glen Johnson pick money or ambition? Be rich or obscenely rich?

Watch Glen Johnson's Video