Soccer Updated:

The latest English Premier League videos, news and views.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Video: Interview, Roque Santa Cruz Signed For Manchester City




Santa Cruz, the Paraguay international has sealed his transfer from Ewood Park to Manchester City. The transfer amount is rumoured to be an initial down payment of £16 million, rising to £18m based on goals scored and appearances.

Santa said: "I'm very happy to have signed for City. It has been close to happening for a while, and now I can just focus on football and concentrate on doing my best for the club.

"I know the kind of football Mark Hughes wants to play and the kind of character he is - he's a winner, he wants to make things happen and be successful. Those are always my thoughts as well, so knowing what he wants was a big factor in coming here, because I know the club is going in the right direction."

Roque Santa Cruz career in Europe so far has been plagued by injuries. If he can stay fit, he should do ok for Manchester City. Watch the interview in the video.

roque santa cruz